Saturday, December 08, 2007

A great miracle happened here!

I would like to start this blog entry with a cup of hot chocolate . . . Ok, Done.

I would like to continue this blog entry with a picture that will bring most of you a smile.

No, this is neither a new age guru nor a carnie-cum-fortune teller--this is my father, sporting this year's Chanukkah gift from our neighbors, people with big hearts and obviously too much time on their hands.

Some of you may remember my previous post on my predictions for the Messiah arriving to Jerusalem in time to sort out my lawsuit with City Hall. As it turns out, this did not happen. However, due to a very nice judge who felt sorry for my pitiful new immigrant self, the fight for justice/logic/sanity has been moved to outside of legal arena. I've been spared! In essence, we are taking a Delorian back in time to go through the process that should have happened prior to a law suit being filed. So, at least no legal costs.

My expectations remain low, i.e., realistic. I fully expect City Hall to reject my appeal and say something to the effect of, "We don't care that it's not your debt to begin with. We are heartless trolls who who like to make old men cry in our offices (true story)--we are actually training to work at maximum security prisons in Guantanamo." But the intensity level of the whole situation being lowered is an accomplishment of its own, a modern-day Chanukkah miracle, if you will.

Concerning any further bureaucracy, I have talked with Mr. Claus and these people will be getting coal in their stockings this year.

No comments: